Ellena C. "Nona" Connelly, is a recurring character in the show School Daze. She is the Grandmother of Tom, Allison, Alex, Michael, Isabella, and Lucas on Jerry’s side of the family. She’s also the mother of Jerry, Judy, and Janine. She often asks Jerry to come to her house to fix or install something. She also appears in holiday specials.
Nona is caring and dependant on her son. She would often ask Uncle Jerry to help fix stuff in her house. For example, she has made him fix her door, computer, kitchen, roof, and cable. She trusts Jerry with these tasks because he is good at completing them. She makes the kids do work at her house occasionally. She also gathers the family for brunch or Christmas.
Nona has tan skin, brown eyes, and brown hair. Her outfits vary throughout the series, but she is mostly seen in one outfit, which consists of a blue jean jacket, a black undershirt, gray trousers, and pink slippers.
Sometimes, she is seen wearing a sweater or blouse of various colors (usually blue, purple, white, red, black, green, or other colors), her gray trousers(sometimes black, blue, brown, or other colors), and black shoes or sandals.
In Adventure Sponge, she wears a black sweater with red trousers and black shoes. In Animas Extravaganza, she wears a similar outfit, but her trousers are white instead of red.
In Anime Extravaganza Movie: Endless Summer, she wore a striped t-shirt with the colors light blue, turquoise, dark teal, yellow, black, and white, black Bermuda shorts, and black sandals.
In Season 1 of Advanced Education, Nona can be seen wearing 2 outfits. In "Judi and the Abandoned Basement", her Advanced Education debut, she wore an outfit similar to her previous one. That outfit consisted of a new striped t-shirt consisting of the colors white, black, gray, beige, and olive green, the same black Bermuda shorts from Endless Summer, and dark brown sandals with red straps. In "Greg and Jerry's Blue-Collar Adventure", she wore a white long-sleeved shirt with a blue floral pattern on it, light blue trousers, beige nylons, and black Mary-Jane shoes.
In Season 2 of Advanced Education, Nona wears 2 outfits. In "Tom and Friends vs. the SAT's", She wears a light pink sweater with Pooh, Piglet, and Eeyore on it, a black scarf, maroon sweatpants with matching socks, and a black pair of loafers. During the Ring Ceremony in "Put a Ring on It", she wore a purple coat with a matching undershirt, black trousers, and black shoes. When arriving at the restaurant, she wore a purple winter jacket with this outfit.
In Season 3 of Advanced Education, Nona wears an outfit similar to her outfit in "Tom and Friends vs. The SAT's", but her pants were black instead of maroon.
8th Grade Adventures Edit
- School Daze Christmas Movie(series debut)
- 2 Assemblies and a Funeral(final 8GA appearance)
High School Years Edit
- The Spirits of Verbal Abuse(first re-appearance)
- A Weekend of Shopping
- School Daze Christmas Chronicles 11: The Holiday Extravaganza
- School Daze 2: A Jolly Good Battle(movie debut)
- Pokemon Franklin Expeditions 19: The Brunch Bunch
- Sweet Mother of Mine
- Biology MCAS (Part 1)
- The Final Frontier(final HSY appearance)
School Daze in Paradise Edit
- Driving-Into Attempt #2(first re-appearance)
- The Cable Crew
- Battle for Vacation!
- Two Yard Sales and One Piece!(final appearance in Paradise series)
Forever Sophomores Edit
- Jerry’s Birthday Part 1: Nona’s Door Troubles(first re-appearance)
- The School Daze 30th Anniversary Special!
- Life During Post-Thanksgiving! Christmas is just around the Corner!
- Christmas is Here! The Waiting Has Finally Paid Off!
- Peace Be With Bill
- Party at Jerry’s Hometown
- Easter Kicks off the Month (Part 2)
- 2 House Tours, 1 Walker, and a Table Return
- Nona’s Wishful Birthday
- A Trip Down Fatal Lane
- Party of Coughs(final FS appearance)
Advanced Education Edit
- Judi and the Abandoned Basement(first re-appearance)
- Greg and Jerry's Blue-Collar Adventure
- Tom and Friends vs. the SAT's
- Put a Ring on It
- David's Birthday Part 2: Dare to Lose a Friend